HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Played in the rollup at New Forest yesterday (Saturday) - Having been really on song for my last two games (club matches) I thought it was going to be more of the same after I birdied the 1st (3pts) parred the next 3 for 2pts 3pts 3pts but on the Par 3 6th the wheels came off after a poor tee shot & nil points! - I bounced straight back on 7th which is a Par 4 uphill, & hit a great drive & 5 wood into 10' and birdied it for 4pts - But 8th (Par 3 @ 230y) I hit an ok 5 wood but chipped & putted my way to another blob! - 18pts on front 9 with 2x blobs wasn't a total disaster & I was quite steady until 18th, where after another great drive, I managed to sh@nk my sand wedge into a bush & failed to score again! - In my defence I was only carrying 6 clubs & my poor shots were mainly due to the gap between my 5 iron & 5 wood (might have to rethink my bag when I carry again?)
Paul

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
Gents Open at Doncaster on Saturday, cruised round in 75 (+6) for a level par nett. Followed that up
with a 75 (+4 gross) back at Beeston today in the Singles knockout....

Irons have been like laser guided missiles a lately. Better than that, the putter has warmed up with the weather!

roll on Ramside 

Br1an_g

HCP
Local club/country
Downfield
Irons
Srixon ZX5 mk2 4-gw Nippon modus NS pro 105x
Driver
Callaway rogue st max 9.5 fujikura vista pro 65s,
90 for 29 points round the Robert the Bruce at turnberry on Sunday.

83 for 35 points round hayston on Monday. 

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Last practice before the 5th Major ;)  went to one of our local muni parkland courses this morning. Played well on a bright breezy morning. Kept the ball on the fairway off the tee and chipped and putted well. Got caught out by a cross fairway water hazard, which I had no recollection of from previous visits.  Scrambled a six there but still managed 17 points for the front nine. Looking forward to the weekend. Hopefully I continue in my current form. 

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
Just snook a sneaky 11 holes in.... 44 cracks of the whip for 11 holes (+1 gross). Looking forward to the weekend

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
3 birdies and 3 blobs, otherwise it was par/bogey golf today.

Two of the blobs were thanks to shanks, the first one was perfected with two, consecutive double strikes. :D

My game is coming along nicely, the counter-balanced putter seems to be a great piece of engineering on my part ( :D ), I just need to figure out the shanks that seem to show up totally randomly without any warning.

db.

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Mizuno MP62 4-PW, Mizuno MP T5 52, 58 wedges
Driver
Ping G30 / Titleist 913 D2
First medal round of the season yesterday, gross 77 (+6), doubled the first after a poor drive, and 3-putt from 12 feet, then took 3 shots to get out of a bunker on the 8th. Took too much sand with the first one, and of course it rolled back into my footprint.

Rest of the round was decent, level par 9-18, although to be honest, luck was on my side with a couple of friendly bounce outs, especially on the 18th, hit a rank snap hook into the trees, which are OB, and the ball flew back out into the middle of the fairway and I made par.

This was only my second round since February, so I was really pleased.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
After watching the top juniors in the country play for two days as a rules official, it was great to get to play yesterday myself. The weather has been terrific, Sunday was around 26º and yesterday we got up to 28º. We didn't crack 25ºC even once all of last year!

I didn't get a stroke play score but it was around 29 points, one birdie and two bogeys after hitting 3 off the tee. The putter is pure gold! :)

I demoed the 917 4 wood and I feel sad saying it will be replacing my 650s and the 850 hybrid. Consistent 230 meters off the tee and 220 off the deck, no fats, tops etc thanks to the shaft and the ball flight was very straight.

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons
MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .TM Spider Tour Black 34".Ball- Vice Pro +
Driver
Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff
Thankfully this good weather has dried the course out tremendously and it's suiting me down to a tee! Played the back 9 after work tonight and shot a 2 over gross ,for 20 pts.Hitting it far better off the tee now and can easily take a 3 wood most of the time.Plenty of roll on the fairways but could do with the greens being a tad quicker.Plenty of growth by the end of the day unfortunately.Have a KO match Sunday ,so maybe another couple of 9 holers inbetween?

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Driver
Slack week for me as I only played today & on Tuesday - Tuesday was an afternoon tee time on the Old Course at Burhill - Course was in great shape with very slick greens! - Had a 4BBB match giving my partner 6 shots & the opposition 12 & 15 - They were both quite short hitters & my partner & I took them apart 7&5 - I was a bit ropey on the front 9 but level par on the back
Today I played another 4BBB match at Guildford this time - Giving my partner 18 shots & the opposition 13 & 21 :eek: - Very tight match this one - I went round in level par (admittedly off the yellow tees) but finished birdie birdie to get a half :eek
Hope to escape to New Forest 2moro (some big wedding on apparently!) to play in the rollup ...
Paul

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
Well. Played my first game since coming home, Senior Matchplay, giving up 9 shots, Played well, won the match 5/4.
 Played last 4 holes to make the round a respectable nett 71, and 36 pts,  as its matchplay no reduction on hcp. 
Please with my golf now that I have new MP18 irons... 

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
A wee practice session this afternoon. First since coming home form Ramside Hall event. Turns out I haven't forgotten how to play this game, My game deserted me on the back 9 on Saturday, only a rare par on the 18th stopped me throwing my clubs in the pond ;) I think my body had run out of steam, three games on three consecutive days is just too much for me. Glad to have found I can still hit the ball properly again :)

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
After my mid back 9 blow up at Ramside I had to get back on it. Was rubbish on Wednesday at Chesterfield in the Derbyshire OOM. But..... found the swing on Saturday for a gross 80, nett 74 (in the buffer). Had 3 bad shots that cost me 5 shots and also missed a 3ft putt that I’d normally sink with my eyes closed.
rounded off the week this morning with a Scratch KO game (last 16). Shot a gross 74 (+3) for the 18 holes to take it to extra holes and sunk a 25ft birdie putt on the 19th to win it!

Form is temporary.... and so is my game!

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
First time out with the MP-4s and shot 81, +10 and 35 points with two birdies, a third attempt rolled over a hole, hit the back but didn't drop.

I was already convinced I'd be moving on to the 917 fairway woods but today the 650s showed what they can do and I'm not so sure anymore, they've certainly bought themselves more time in the bag. :)

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Driver
First game of the week was a club match at Guildford 4BBB format - Giving my partner 18 shots & the opposition 9 & 14 - Another really good match after my last one finished all square - Nice to see some run on the ball again & although my driver was very solid, the best shot I hit was on Par 5 8th where I left myself 275y from the pin & hit 3 wood 5 yards past the hole onto the fringe (will gloss over the 3 putts!) - After a run of net birdies from our opponents, we lost the 15th & were 2 down with 3 to play - I had a birdie on 16th & par on 17th to go down the last 1 down - A "toed" driver on 18th left me 105y to a tight pin at the front of the green, but I hit my approach to a foot & birdie was conceded to secure a half ...
Paul

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
JPX 900
After the Northern Meet at Ramside Hall we had to make a quick exit on Sunday morning as MrsDCB was playing in a Championship Qualifier on the Sunday afternoon at our Club. She returned home with all the usual golfers excuses as to her poor performance on the Sunday afternoon. Fast forward to this past weekend and she received an email telling her she had qualified for the Ladies Championship matchplay stages as one of eight qualifiers. Anything can happen in matchplay, so, she's looking forward to giving it a real go.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
Shot 90 the other day but with 31 points and 5 blobs. Consistency, where are you?

Hit the longest drive of my life, exactly 310 meters from an elevated tee with wind blowing behind our backs. I opted to hit a smooth 8 iron onto the par-5 green instead of a full 9 only to hit the 8 lazily and fat to set up an easy par.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
Scratch league match away at Worksop last night. Was +4 gross when we shook hands on 17. Lost 2&1......

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
Pairs comp at Morley Hayes today, played with the pro from our place and shot 75 gross (+3). He won the pros medal with a 68 and we lost the pairs on back 9 countback with 44pts

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
JPX 900
I had an invite today to go and play at Glasgow Gailes down on the Ayrshire coast. A beautiful day where we avoided the thunderstorms and a course in tip top condition. I started badly over the first two holes, but after that I managed to scramble well to put together a decent (for me) 29 points. Some precise tee shots called for and in some cases the limit of my carry to reach the fairway. hard, fast running fairways helped me get the ball towards the greens, but if you were on the wrong side of the green, putting was going to be tricky.The greens were true and evenly paced, and a joy to putt on. A visit into a pot bunker on the 18th scuppered my chances of a great back 9, but overall I was more than happy with the way I played and put together a score.

Gailes 1st.jpg

Top Bottom