Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/4
Driver
MP-650
Won a match 2 up today. I got two rounds in yesterday also as we had a mini summer this weekend with temperatures climbing close to 20ºC, something we struggled to get in July in 2017. Usually we're getting the first snow around this time. May our golf seasons be long and warm! :)

Here's a picture from the round today:

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/4
Driver
MP-650
A bit of a confession. I think I figured out the correct feel to how to actually swing a golf club while doing some stretching with a stick yesterday. Today I hit nine of the most effortless, flushed iron shots during the round with three or four other, very good ones in there.

With the long, dark winter months just around the corner, this epiphany should certainly create some unrealistic fantasies about how well I'll be playing next year. :D

PaulBoy

HCP
Local club/country
Guildford GC & New Forest GC
Irons
MP4/MP15 4-PW PX6.0
Driver
M3 c/w Oban Kiyoshi PRP / PX Hzrdus Yellow
I did say some time ago I would stop posting all my rounds (as there are so many!) & just update here with the notable achievements - So, although I have been playing well, yesterday was a particular milestone for me - In a board competition at Guildford I had 40pts - Sadly I got pipped for 1st place by one point, but more importantly I got my handicap cut to it's lowest mark (4.2) - One day late for my birthday, but a very happy bunny ...
Paul

WalkerCup

HCP
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 3 Deg up plus3/4" Project X LZ 4-PW
Driver
TMade M1 2017, Handcrafted Project X Evenflow blue Stiff
Nice one! And belated Happy Returns.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/4
Driver
MP-650
A public service announcement. Don't assume the ferrule is loose if you notice a slight gap in between it and the hosel.

I made a good swing off the 12th tee with my 8 iron but had a weird feeling right after impact only to see the head flying in a beautiful arc to the bottom of the hill, some good 40 yards. After the dust settled we started to wonder where the ball had ended up but, as it turned out, it was one of the better shots of the day. Too bad I didn't make the birdie.

I'm just glad the head didn't reach the brook or that I didn't make that stroke somewhere else with a bigger water hazard or some other junk in front of me.

Top Bottom