chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
Titlest 915H 2 Hybrid | MP-H4 - 3 Iron | 4-PW JPX-825 Pro | MP-T4 50 & 56
Driver
TaylorMade M1 (2016) - Fujikura Pro 71 XLR8 Tour X
33 points on the weekend, out in 19 but it should have been 21, lost a ball on the 9th which landed in the open but was nowhere to be found, causing a blob.
Coming back was a bit scruffier, not maintaining focus as much as I should be, but getting much more consistent, only 1 lost ball (and that shouldn't have been lost)!

PaulBoy

HCP
Local club/country
Guildford GC & New Forest GC
Irons
MP4 8-PW MP25 5-7 MPH5 4
Driver
M3 c/w ProjectX Even Flow 6.0
Did play several times since I was last able to log on, so lucky you! - Today (Mon) I needed to get back early afternoon, so teed off at 8am in a fourball - This group play early on days when our rollup is on & there was a match on too, so nice to play ahead of what would have been very slow going - It was also nice to play off the back tees (rollups are off the yellows) & I hit the ball very well for the majority of the round - 3x birdies (including a kick in at the last) 2x bogies & the rest pars for 1 over par / 40pts - My partner wasn't quite up to my standard so we won the front 9 & match but lost the back 9 - Playing in a match at Waterlooville tomorrow & be happy to play half as well as I managed today ...
Actually I played nearly as well today (Tues) - Sadly giving 21 shots :eek: to one of our opponents proved a bit too taxing & we lost our 4BBB match on the 17th ...
Paul ;)

Last edited:

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/4
Driver
MP-650
I spent this week as an assisting rules official in a Finnish Tour event nearby. Mizuno staffer Kim Koivu won the event quite easily. We had a chance to play the course later in the evening and it was a blast. Kim said the greens were up to par with the Challenge Tour greens, even comparable to some lower-level European Tour events. a couple of the LET players said the hole locations were difficult.

The fun started on the practice putting green. I casually dropped a ball on the green to start my practice. Guess what? The ball rolled off the green. :D It was a good indication of what was coming. I've never played on as slick greens as today and when I've played on faster greens, those have been set for more casual play. Tough pin locations on those greens were something else. I only started to get the hang of it on the 7th, from which on I made pars and bogeys to the finish with two blobs. Before that it was four putts and whatnot. :D

After having watched the pros and aspiring pros hitting massive drives and irons, I was delighted to find out the fairways were hard and with wind behind your back, even I could drive the ball 280 meters at best. On one par 5, I hit a slightly weak fade but it went around 265 meters and then hit the 3 iron around 215 meters, or 25 meters more I'd expect to hit off the tee, just short of the green and opted for the 4 iron from 200 meters out on one long par 4 (rolled over the green) and a par 5 (missed left).

I'd like to give it another go in the same conditions!

Top Bottom