Help for heroes charity day Luton Hoo 6th June

rickg

HCP
Local club/country
Aldwickbury Park Hertfordshire
Irons
Mizuno JPX800 pro 4-PW, Rifle 5.5, Vokey 48,52,56 wedges, Nike Method Drone Putter
Driver
TM R11S 10.5 Grafalloy Pro Launch stiff, TM RBZ 3,5 wood & 22 deg Hybrid
Hi Guys,
I'm organising a golf day with proceeds going to the above charity. Did one last year with 40 players and hoping to at least double that this year.

I've got around 50 so far but need a few more to join in.

Here's some more details and a link to the Golf Monthly forum thread where I'm organising it.
Please let me know if you'd like to join us.

Date: Monday June 6th ( D Day)
1st tee 10:28 (2 tee start)

Venue: Luton Hoo Golf & Spa, Bedfordshire (Just off Junct 11 M1)

Price: £45 (£25 to HFH & £20 for the golf and a 2 course meal)

Format: Stableford full handicap

Tees; Gents - White (6810) Ladies - Red (6143)

The one exception to this will be the par 3 13th which will be played off the full blue tees for the gents (271yds!!!)

Your £25 donation to the HFH will be used as a deposit to secure your place and you will pay this directly to the charity page. (claiming GiftAid where appropriate) and the remaining £20 will be paid directly to Luton Hoo.

We will hold a raffle on the day and will also be selling HFH merchandise to help swell the funds. We will be asking attendees to bring a gift for the raffle, (bottle of wine, sleeve of balls, or similar)

http://www.bmycharity.com/GolfMonthlyandFriendsHFH2011/

http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk//showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/371625/Main/333824/#Post371625

Cheers
Rick              

rickg

HCP
Local club/country
Aldwickbury Park Hertfordshire
Irons
Mizuno JPX800 pro 4-PW, Rifle 5.5, Vokey 48,52,56 wedges, Nike Method Drone Putter
Driver
TM R11S 10.5 Grafalloy Pro Launch stiff, TM RBZ 3,5 wood & 22 deg Hybrid
Just a quick update on this after the event. Managed to get 68 players in the end and raised around £6,500.

Some really generous bidders on the auction prizes.....eg £400 for a Colin Montgomerie signed Celtic Manor Ryder Cup Flag which had been donated by Yonex.

Managed to get Mick Harford to enter a team which included fellow ex players Gary Poole and Kev McBride and Aussie cricket legend Jeff Thomson. Jeff was kind enough to sign an old cricket ball I had lying around the garage which raised £50 in the auction. :)

Foolishly, I have agreed to organise it again next year!!

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, STG 180 3Wood, JPX 900 Rescue 19 degree , MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno STZ 10.5 degree
Hi Rick

Glad it went well and apologies that I couldn't make it.
I'll put it in my diary for next year, now.

Regards

Tony

Spinner

HCP
Local club/country
Reading Golf Club
Irons
MP63 3-PW 1 Degree Strong, Shaft True Temper Dynalite Gold XP S300, MP T-11 50-54-58 Degree Wedges, MP CLK Hybrid 17 Degree Fubuki Stiff Shaft. Swing DNA: Speed 80/ Tempo 4/ Toe Down 3/ Kick Angle 4/ Release Factor 6.
Driver
MP 650 9.5 stiff
Hi Rick

Sounds like you had great day, didnt even see the post tonytim told me about it, my brother has fought in both iraq and afganistan and came close to loosing his life in the latter, so will do my utmost to make it next year, it might be a good idea to post in the general area advising us to look in events.

Well done mate a lot of work goes into organising anything like this.

All the best Lloyd (spinner)

Top Bottom