HCP
Local club/country
Italy
Irons
Apex 16 pro 4-pw
Driver
M4 9.5 ad black stiff
Hi

(Sorry about the poor grammar of the post not my first language)

I finally decided to buy my first brand new set and I'm really hyped about the 919.

I'm started playing golf 2 years ago and I always played with players/blade iron like 690 mb Titleist and now apex 16 pro.
I can hit them pretty good, just a few problem in consistency with 4 and 5.

The bad part of the story is that in my country (Italy) I can't find anyone who tried them to ask about because Mizuno Is not popular and we have just 2 shop that they sell them, really far far away then I'm going to blind-buying the set.

I'm just asking if someone of you can please give me some advice and suggestions about the playability and the difficulty of tour version and forged version.

Thank you very much.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Hi & no problem with your language - Based on what you have played & like to play, I don't think you would have a problem playing either the 919 Forged or Tour irons - They are quite different beasts though - One of the main differences is the loft - The Tour has what is considered to be standard / normal loft - The Forged has less loft e.g 4 iron Tour = 24 / 4 iron Forged = 22 ~ 7 iron Tour = 34 / 7 iron Forged = 32 ~ As a result the Forged will hit the ball further
When it came out, I tried both the Tour & Forged JPX900 and opted for the Forged purely based on distance (I was at least a club longer with the 900F compared to my previous MP irons)
Feel on both sets will be similar as they are both forged & will feel much like an MP iron
The Forged is the easier of the two to hit & offers a bit more forgiveness as it is more of a Players Cavity club
The 900T plays (in my opinion) more like a blade, with bit of forgiveness - This is the club for you if you want to shape the ball (left / right / low / high etc)
The design of the 919 range isn't radically different to the 900 and for that reason (and the cost) I recently picked up a set of 900 Tours!
Good luck & let us know how you get on ... Paul

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
Ok, having owned both 900 forged and 900 Tours and now 919 Tours I'll give you my personal experience. 900 forged is a great all round club if you don't play that often, head size will On my way! In slightly larger than your apex pro irons. 900 Tour are very good irons indeed more traditional blade with a bit of a cavity, in my eyes far better for control with the short irons for pitch and runs and punch shots than the 900 Forged. the 919 Tours are a much better more user friendly all round set. Slightly thicker soles and slightly larger head than the 900 Tour. You should go for withered the 900 Tour or the 919 Tour. If cost is not an option get all in on the 919s

Top Bottom