brnmendes

HCP
Local club/country
Westward Ho / Adelaide
Irons
Mizuno MP30 3-PW DGR300
Driver
Titleist 909d2 Voodoo S 9.5
Hey crew, I am after some advice regarding my current Mizuno MP30's. Love them to death but don't really know if I should tweak them or move to another type of head/shaft.
Im currently an 8 handicapper who hits a high ball and when errant its a push fade type of shot or at times its just a little fade. This does not help me as I can only seem to squeeze 140m out of my 6 iron.
I am only 172cm in height and very thing (62kg). I also have very narrow shoulders.
I currently use DG R300 shafts in the irons. I have been told by my pro I'm a great ball striker just not able to get that translated into distance.
I carry a 52 and 56 MP-R wedge which I am also extremely short with. I can only hit my 52 about 60m confortably.
With my driver I generate quite a bit of high spin using a Titleist D2 Voodoo Shaft (stiff) and only seem to bump it up 220metres.
Should I consider a different type of shaft or perhaps a different type of head design?

With my short and thin stature should I have different degrees upright or flat on my club as well.

My wrist to floor height is 85cm and I have small and thin fingers.

Mizuno fitter in Adelaide, Australia don't exist and the shops don't give you much attention as your not going to buy one of their stock items.

Can anyone help?

Thanking you in advance

HCP
Local club/country
North Hants GC
Irons
MP59 3-PW, MP FLI-HI 2 iron, R-12 Black Satin wedges.
Driver
MP650 9.5, Axiv Core Black shaft.
Hi,

It is hard to custom fit you without seeing you hit a ball. At the Mizuno fitting centres we would use our launch monitor to get an idea of clubhead speed, launch angle, backspin etc. We can then try different shafts and heads to see what will work best for you.

If you are hitting a high ball then the DGR300 shaft will help to keep that down, and if your bad shot goes out to the right then I would stick with the Reg shafts. A head with more offset will help you release the clubhead through to give you a staighter ball flight (have a look at the MP52 head)

You may need to have the loft and lies ajusted to suit your height and swing. I would think if your lie angle needs changing then it will need to be made flatter. If you make your lofts stronger it will help to keep the flight down and it will give the head more offset which will straigten up the ball flight.

Hope this helps.

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-29 / Mizuno MX-300 / MP T-10 Black Satin 64-07
Driver
Mizuno MP-600 / Putter / Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 & BC7
You may want to take a look at this site (As a start).. I found it helpful and confirmed what I already believed was correct for me..

http://shaftfit.com/shaftfit/index.html?reset=1#

Top Bottom