Greenbrier Spoilers

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
It's Tiger (+1), Phil (+2) and Dustin (+2) and a load of other guys.

Vijay is hot again all of a sudden 63 opening round

Johnathan Byrd is representin' for Mizuno 5 under after 13 \o/ (Chuck 3 finished level)

BloodSweatNPars

Local club/country
Irons
MP 69 4 - PW ~ KBS Tour C Taper 120S
Driver
MP650 9.5
JByrd one off the top, along with two others at 6.

I guess Bo VP is licking the wounds from last week. Maybe he's spending his time testing some new Mizuno woods to unveil at The Open!

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
J Byrd leading here and Marcel Siem leading in France

Go Mizuno

BloodSweatNPars

Local club/country
Irons
Driver
MP650 9.5
Byrd at second behinD Webb Simpson.

Biggest surprises (for me):
Phil mc
Tiger mc :)
John daly at 5 currently. 4 off the top spot.
Speaking of (JD)... How is he received on the European Tour? He spends most of his year playing over the pond, for many reasons I'm certain. But generally speaking, what does the fan base think of big John?

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
BloodSweatNPars said:

Phil mc
Speaking of (JD)... How is he received on the European Tour? He spends most of his year playing over the pond, for many reasons I'm certain. But generally speaking, what does the fan base think of big John?
This time round I think he's gone pretty much under the radar. He'll attract more of a gallery than the average schmo, but I don't think he's as big a "story" over here. Just another golfer trying to make a buck (or Euro). Generally I think a lot of fans appreciate his blue collar story line, and as long as he isn't embarrassing himself (like the balls in the lake thing in Oz) they will root for him trying to get back on track.

He's picked up over $300k World wide this year so worth still getting out there I reckon.

BloodSweatNPars

Local club/country
Irons
Driver
MP650 9.5
BigPete said:
BloodSweatNPars said:

Phil mc
This time round I think he's gone pretty much under the radar. He'll attract more of a gallery than the average schmo, but I don't think he's as big a "story" over here. Just another golfer trying to make a buck (or Euro). Generally I think a lot of fans appreciate his blue collar story line, and as long as he isn't embarrassing himself (like the balls in the lake thing in Oz) they will root for him trying to get back on track.

He's picked up over $300k World wide this year so worth still getting out there I reckon.
Under the radar is probably a good and wonderful thing for JD. Focusing on golf, and scoring, and sobriety are important things for him, IMHO. When in the States he can still pull huge galleries of fans and media which has to be a distraction. Ordinary schmo is probably right where he needs to be.

I'd love to see him able to compete week in and out and if he's more comfortable on the ET then good for him and hopefully good for the ET. I too, along with most normal people, despise the irrevrent behavior he brings at times but is hopefully beyond.

Btw. Jd is at 7. 3 back after 45.
Jbyrd is at 9. 1 back after 40.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Ted Potter Jnr won in a play off with Troy Kelly...

They just beat out a right pair of Charlies, Wi and Beljan, and Daniel Summerhays. Martin Flores and Robert Castro.

This was a regular PGA Tour event with the winner picking up around a million dollars.

Top Bottom