Golf Shoes

LOS

Local club/country
England
What make do you wear?

I have Footjoy spiked and spikeless.

I don't like Mizuno spiked primarily because of their spiked system. I have been in a number of pro-shops and stores over the years I can't remember anyone selling spare spikes. IG5
1709720823694.png

While I liked the look of some of the spikeless shoes being able to buy the colour and size I wanted has been difficult so I keep going back to Footjoy.

Alba.net did a little survey on the JLPGA first tournament of the year.
Google translate:-
108 players (including amateurs) participated in the 2024 opening round of the domestic women's tour, the Daikin Orchid Ladies. Therefore, we thoroughly investigated the shoe manufacturers of all players during the qualifying round

[Ranking for the 2024 opening game] *Targeted to 108 people
1st place Nike 25 people (23.15%)
2nd place Footjoy 22 people (20.37%)
3rd place Adidas 19 people (17.59%)
4th place Echo 12 people (11.11%)
4th place New Balance 12 people (11.11%)
6th place Puma 10 people (9.26%)
7th place AZAS 2 people (1.85%)
8th place Pearly Gates 1 person (0.93%)
8th place Under Armor 1 person (0.93%)
8th place SIDAS 1 person (0.93%)
8th place G/FORE 1 person (0.93%)
8th place ASICS 1 person (0.93%)
Daily 1 person (0.93%)

[2023 Salonpas Ladies Ranking] *116 people are eligible.
1st place Nike 23 people (19.8%)
2nd place Footjoy 20 people (17.2%)
3rd place Adidas 19 people (16.4%)
4th place New Balance 17 people (14.7%)
5th place Echo 9 people (7.8%)
6th place ASICS 7 people (6.0%)
6th place Puma 7 people (6.0%)
8th place Mizuno 4 people (3.4%)
9th place Callaway 2 people (1.7%)
9th place Descente 2 people (1.7%)
9th place Yonex 2 people (1.7%)
12th place Bridgestone 1 person (0.9%)
12th place Lecoq 1 person (0.9%)
12th place G/FORE 1 person (0.9%)
12th place Tigora 1 person (0.9%)

Mizuno not very well represented.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
That's a golf spike! :eek: - Looks like the Starship Enterprise ... :)

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Transformers, spikes in disguise!

Robbo016

HCP
Local club/country
Saunton / Puckrup Hall GC
Irons
MP64's 3-5 MP5 6-Pw +0.5" 2 degs up Tour Modus 105 S Scotty SM9Wedges 50, 54 & 60 Scotty putter 3-3-3-5
Driver
Taylormade Stealth 2+ Fujikura Ventus S-75
Always been a footjoy guy, but last year or so they’ve changed the fit in the UK and what used to be good for me, now not so. Have moved to Nike Jordan spikeless all summer and they’ve been super comfy. So much bought a couple of pairs in the sale as well for this year

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I have a variety. FootJoy, Puma and an Asian brand I saw a friend wearing and really like called Thestron. The FootJoy and Thestron shoes have replaceable spikes, but the Pumas have spikeless soles. I prefer the look of the Thestron, just because I'm old fashioned and they look more like a golf shoe, not like a sneaker.

Last edited:

Br1an_g

HCP
Local club/country
Downfield
Irons
Srixon ZX5 mk2 4-gw Nippon modus NS pro 105x
Driver
Callaway rogue st max 9.5 fujikura vista pro 65s,
I've tried everything over the years..Nike, Adidas, Callaway, ecco, mizuno, footjoy, puma...when you find a good show it never stays the same. I thought ecco were it when I got my first pair, comfy, waterproof, good grip..the next gen was none of those things. Had a few iterations of mizuno now as well. Current shoes are comfy and great grip but not very waterproof so a great summer shoe. Last gen were waterproof and comfy but poor grip in the wet. I now have a pair of Adidas boots which are doing well in all areas but won't be great in summer so will go back to the mizunos on sunny days.

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
It’s rather annoying how different manufacturers have radically different sizes. I have lady sized feet but can range from 6.5 in footjoy on occasion (although they were the same length as another size 8 pair: £200 at the time as well) to a size 8 in Nike. I wanted to like Ecco but my wide feet mean I need to take one of their inserts out as recommended. Then you can feel the spikes in your feet 🤷

I’ve come to the conclusion having had about 20 pairs in the past 10 years, that no shoes are waterproof for longer than 3 months. Hence just use the sealskinz socks when it’s wet.

Current shoes are Skechers but the new ones I’ve bought are, you’ve guessed it, a new and different last that aren’t as comfortable 🤦🏻

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
It’s rather annoying how different manufacturers have radically different sizes.
I agree. Around the age of 50, all of a sudden my left foot grew one size. Apparently it's not uncommon. Now, my left foot is a 14M and my right foot is a 13M. I have to put little pads in the right shoe to keep my foot from flopping around in it. There have been times, most specifically with Callaway shoes, that the right shoe fit well, but the left was too tight, so they had to be returned.

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
I agree. Around the age of 50, all of a sudden my left foot grew one size. Apparently it's not uncommon. Now, my left foot is a 14M and my right foot is a 13M. I have to put little pads in the right shoe to keep my foot from flopping around in it. There have been times, most specifically with Callaway shoes, that the right shoe fit well, but the left was too tight, so they had to be returned.
I could go sailing in your shoes 😄

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I could go sailing in your shoes 😄
Or take a bath. I'd look pretty funny being 6'7" tall with small feet. On the other hand, imagine how tall I'd be if I wasn't turned under so much.

In the past 20 years, it's amazing how many more shoes are available in size 14 and even larger. It wasn't always that way. The one guy i feel sorry for is a Cardiologist we know who wears a size 18.

And my son graduated from Louisiana State University, where Shaquille O'Neal played basketball during college. In one of the school bookstores, they have a big fishing net over one of the cash registers and among other interesting pieces of athletic equipment from stars who went to school there, they have a pair of Shaq's size 22 sneakers. They're so big, it's hard to believe they are even real. They look like they should be some kind of display or ad item.

shank hobbit

HCP
Local club/country
staddon heights, devon
Irons
mp64 kbs tour stiff 3-pw. Jpx hot metal 50 gap wedge
Driver
Jpx 850 driver Graf blue JPX900 16 hybrid and 22 hybrid
Ecco

Top Bottom