Fujikura Orochi diameter and grip question

Local club/country
Germany
Could you guys please provide the butt diameter of the Fujikura Orochi RL flex for the JPX800 Pro? Not sure if it's different from the shaft used in the woods/hybrids.

I'm looking for new grips and would need to know in order to adjust the layers of tape.

Also, what is the difference between M-21 58 and M-21 58 Round?

Thanks!

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
stevenhw8 said:
Could you guys please provide the butt diameter of the Fujikura Orochi RL flex for the JPX800 Pro? Not sure if it's different from the shaft used in the woods/hybrids.

I'm looking for new grips and would need to know in order to adjust the layers of tape.

Also, what is the difference between M-21 58 and M-21 58 Round?

Thanks!
I'm not going to attempt an answer to the shaft question, but I'll attempt an answer to your grip question...

As I understand it, grips are either round or reminder. Round, as its name suggests, is completely spherical (in section), whereas a reminder grip has a rib of thicker rubber running down the length of grip on the underside of the shaft - it helps people put the same grip on the club every time, as you can "feel" when the club is not sitting correctly in your hands with a reminder grip.

As always - I am willing to be put right if I am mistaken...

Local club/country
Germany
Hi DeeMac,

I think you are spot on with your answer. Thank you!
Hopefully a Mizuno rep can shed some light on the shaft question.
Maybe have the specs on the website would be a good idea :)

swingslow

HCP
Local club/country
Congleton, England
I did a search, but couldn't find any shaft data for the Orochi. Other Fujikura shaft butt dias. range from 0.600" to 0.625" dia. depending on the shaft model, flex and weight.

The other variable with grips is that they will be either 0.580" (58)or 0.600" (60) dia. For me, the perfect grip size is a standard 58 grip on a 0.600 shaft with no extra layers of tape. Putting a 60 grip on a 0.600 shaft the grip gives a slightly smaller final grip size. I need to put on 2 or 3 layers of extra tape when fitting a 60 grip instead of a 58 grip to get the same final grip size.

I blow my grips on and off with compressed air, so very easy to add an extra layer of tape if I find a grip is too small.

Hope your rep/fitter can guide you to the right grip size.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
I'm just checking to see if anyone has actual information on the butt diameter of the Orochi shafts, especially the Red Eye fairway wood and driver shafts? It seems like it's a big mystery online.

I'll have my 650s re-gripped soon and while I could measure it after taking the grips off, it would be easier to have the information rather than guess .02 inches one way or the other. :)

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
Halebopp said:
I'm just checking to see if anyone has actual information on the butt diameter of the Orochi shafts, especially the Red Eye fairway wood and driver shafts? It seems like it's a big mystery online.

I'll have my 650s re-gripped soon and while I could measure it after taking the grips off, it would be easier to have the information rather than guess .02 inches one way or the other. :)
  Hi, the butts on the shafts, are 600. 

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
Stewart 57 said:
Halebopp said:

Hi, the butts on the shafts, are 600. 
Thank you, Stewart!

Top Bottom