trojan615

HCP
Local club/country
Brocket hall, Knebworth..
Irons
Mizuno - MP 5... 4- PW , DG X100 , 2 deg up, + 0.5
Driver
Titliest 915 D3. Whiteboard
Not been on for a while but by looking at the posting dates, is this forum still going ?

most originals seem to have dropped off or don’t post now....

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I was away a lot during my recovery from surgery last year and when I came back, I wondered the same thing. I agreed with MPX that things like Facebook pages seem to have take a lot of traffic from forums, but I still check in here occasionally hoping to see the voices of some old friends.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Still a few of us around. This time of year I tend to put the golf clubs way, too wet or too cold to enjoy golf, so, why put yourself through it just to get cold muddy and wet.

Anyway, the forum has certainly changed over the years, what has surprised me is the folks, once prominent posters, who have moved on from golf and therefore from the forum. Shame to lose some great characters.

Hres hoping the forum gains a bit of momentum in 2020

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
HERE! Its been a very busy year and tried to reduce internet time! Like the new MP20 series, so may post pictures soon. Enjoy the Christmas Period and all the best for the New Year, Happy Golfing!

rt_charger

Local club/country
Australia
Now I will be 110% switching to an almost all Mizuno bag for 2020 (gonna test the 200 against the current Ping to see if the 200.gives me the stability I want), I will be frequenting these forums next year. I can't wait show you lot a shiny new set of Mizunos when I finally get fitted!!

Hendo

HCP
Local club/country
Royal Dornoch
Irons
4-PW Mizuno JPX 850 Forged
Driver
Mizuno JPX EZ 2016 - Fujikara Orochi Stiff
Still about but as with some of the comments above, the Mizuno Facebook page grabs more of my attention (not always in a good way either). I pop back too for the official view on things 😃. Wish everyone a happy new year nonetheless

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
The visits here have become more and more rare over the past year or so unfortunately. I do prefer this forum over the FB page as the discussions and topics in general seem to be more interesting here than in the FB group but with less and less content here, this can simply be forgotten at times.

I do hope life on the forum picks up again. I absolutely hate how certain other forums have died over the years with FB taking over.

rt_charger

Local club/country
Australia
The visits here have become more and more rare over the past year or so unfortunately. I do prefer this forum over the FB page as the discussions and topics in general seem to be more interesting here than in the FB group but with less and less content here, this can simply be forgotten at times.

I do hope life on the forum picks up again. I absolutely hate how certain other forums have died over the years with FB taking over.
The life on here can only be sustained by us posting on here. To be honest, I prefer this forum to the FB page to get information and ask questions. Not to mention people who have gone to the effort sign up to this forum are usually going to be bigger supporters - really gets rid of the chaff that you get on a lot of FB pages.

I want this forum to be active for sure. When I get my set, I might document my quest to get to low single figures from my current 13-14 - I've got the game to, I just need the practice and consistency that come from a fitted set I'm comfortable with and confident in.

MrK20

Local club/country
Germany
Irons
Mizuno / MP 20 HMB; MP 20; T20 / 2; 3-9; 49, 54, 60, Nippon Modus 120 S
Driver
Mizuno / ST-Z / D, 3W, 5W / JPX900 22H / CLK 25H. MRC Diamana D+(D, 3W, 5W) , Fujikura SIX R(22), Fujikura Speeder Hb 85 (25)
I am fairly new to this forum, but I do check it regularly and try to post every now and then as well. But I don't know how it's been in years past. I have to say however that I do think that this forum is alive, there is pretty much always something going on, and, as rt_charger said, I like how it's real Mizuno "Fanboys" on here (like I am myself) interested in all things Mizuno. I really like this forum, especially since I'm not on FB or any of those sites.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
The life on here can only be sustained by us posting on here. To be honest, I prefer this forum to the FB page to get information and ask questions. Not to mention people who have gone to the effort sign up to this forum are usually going to be bigger supporters - really gets rid of the chaff that you get on a lot of FB pages.

I want this forum to be active for sure. When I get my set, I might document my quest to get to low single figures from my current 13-14 - I've got the game to, I just need the practice and consistency that come from a fitted set I'm comfortable with and confident in.
Yep, that's the vicious cycle, there's no new content (or the content doesn't interest you) so you don't stick around and end up posting something yourself and others react the same way.

For me personally it has coincided with losing some of my passion towards the game over the past couple of seasons. While still getting the "kid in Christmas morning" feeling the days I go play, other aspects, like enjoying the time with other people, the nature etc. are playing a bigger role while actually on the course and the time I spend online reading and writing to golf forums etc. is almost exclusively about the rules nowadays.

ICEMAN6999

HCP
Local club/country
Old Padeswood GC
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal 6-SW
Driver
Ping G425 Driver
Still a few of us around. This time of year I tend to put the golf clubs way, too wet or too cold to enjoy golf, so, why put yourself through it just to get cold muddy and wet.

Anyway, the forum has certainly changed over the years, what has surprised me is the folks, once prominent posters, who have moved on from golf and therefore from the forum. Shame to lose some great characters.

Hres hoping the forum gains a bit of momentum in 2020
Yes i have looked and there are a few old ones missing, but we have other lives i,m one thats coming back after the horrors of a few years ago, need to get back on the horse.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
I know a lot of the 'originals' are on a golfing break - Deemac and Big Pete spring to mind.

The Facebook Group seems to grab more new people. But think the Forum still has its place - we still look through and i'll attempt to chip in a bit more than i have recently.

LOS

Local club/country
England
But think the Forum still has its place - we still look through and i'll attempt to chip in a bit more than i have recently.
MPX is there any chance of re-instigating the pictures from the tour truck at the events it goes to?
There is a "Media " section on the Forum which is never used and if it was categorized by "Year" it might be interesting to see how some events change over time. The Facebook media could be copied there as it would be easier to trace backwards and perhaps those who attend Forum events may be persuaded to post their photos there as well.

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
MIZUNO JPX921HM irons 5-PW
Driver
ST-X 230 12.0 deg N.S.Pro 950 GH Neo R flex shaft
The Mizuno forum is not dead not as far as I'm concerned..!

I've not had a lot to post about for a we while as I've been laid up with various health problems that have prevented me from golfing over the last few months but thankfully I'm on the mend and hope to be back playing very soon,
I still look in every day to check whats happening on the forum as for the unofficial Mizuno Facebook page where I'm also a member If I wanted to know anything Mizuno ask a question or get correct info I would come to this forum and ask...!.

Although I've been laid up I've not wasted the time I've been reviewing the strengths and weaknesses of my game over the past 2019 golfing season using the data I collected over the year from my Shot Scope V2 GPS watch to identify areas that need work on chipping, putting, what clubs work and what clubs ones don't etc, due to that info I'm looking at a few club changes to the top end of my bag but that's still work in progress,

Cheers John.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
John,

Hope you're on track to be swinging again for the Northern Forum Event in June. Always enjoy being in the same team as you , makes for a fun afternoon. Hope the weather picks up soon and you can get out again.

David

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
MIZUNO JPX921HM irons 5-PW
Driver
ST-X 230 12.0 deg N.S.Pro 950 GH Neo R flex shaft
John,

Hope you're on track to be swinging again for the Northern Forum Event in June. Always enjoy being in the same team as you , makes for a fun afternoon. Hope the weather picks up soon and you can get out again.

David
Hi David,

Definitely do my very best to be there wouldn't want to miss it..! looking forward to meeting up with all you guy's and gals once again,

John.

Last edited:

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
I prefer and enjoy the forum , I have made a lot of good friends here, Bought and sold on here, The banter on here is great and its not got any of these SO called
" Keyboard warriors " on here, , people will always help you in here instead of taking the piss, or criticising you, and also the the staff like MPX are also eays to contact and very helpful,

Mizuno forum day must be good !!!!! as I keep coming back each year from Norway, to meet a very good bunch of freinds .....

Long Live the MIzuno Forum,.....

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
I have to say I'm pretty close to leaving the Facebook group as it seems like I need to block people, internet "tough guys" and spammers from the group on an almost daily basis nowadays.

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
Helllloooooooooo

Been a while since I last came on here to post. Like the others have mentioned, most of the time I look on the Facebook group for news.

As Halebopp also says, theres quite a few choice characters on there so its hard sometimes to keep quiet and not offend anyone.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Top Bottom