hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
Just rewatched Furyks interview after his 58 in the Travelers comp, so refreshing to hear him speak and say that his ambition is to win a Major, then his next accolade is to play in the Ryder cup, shooting 58 is 3rd and nice to do!

Always liked him and his approach to the game even though he's from the wrong side of the pond! (Sorry Dennis)

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
A terrible last 6 holes though. Should've been 54 :)

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
Bonobobananas said:
A terrible last 6 holes though. Should've been 54 :)
I know, par 5 13th - par. Then last 5 holes was 4 pars and a birdie!

I think he was protecting his handicap incase he gets a captains pick for the Ryder Cup!

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
No apologies needed Paul...

Furyk can't be denied as being one of the nicer guys on tour, a thoughtful interview and a huge addition in the team room to a team event. He's also extremely popular with the sponsors as one will always make plans to be visible for their charity purposes when he's in town. His wife has also been President of the tour pros' wives and girlfriends group who helps charities wherever the tour goes. Just in general, the Furyks are real solid citizens and people every sponsor hopes will play in their tournament.

This 58 today is just another feather in his had, part of an extended lore and a tiny little announcement point for the big voice on the first tee everywhere. I told a teaching pro buddy today, maybe he should start teaching that loopy swing.

Logie

HCP
Local club/country
Fleetwood GC/UK http://www.fleetwoodgolf.co.uk/
Irons
Mizuno MP Fli H4 3 & 4 Irons; MP64 5 - PW irons; MP T-10 52 & 58 deg wedges all with NS Pro 1150 G stiff shafts: MP650 22 degree hybrid regular Orochi shaft.
Driver
JPX 850 10.5 degrees: Fujikura Motore Speeder VC6.3 Stiff.
It was great to see how excited he was about his achievement in his post round interviews. He also came across as a humble and very nice, honest guy.

What is even more praiseworthy is that he has now broken 60 twice!!

Just goes to show that you don't have to bomb it miles off the tee to be successful.

Top bloke.

Fluffywan

HCP
Local club/country
Chobham GC, Surrey
Irons
MP-T5 (KBS T, s, 53° and 57°), MP-H5 2i, 4i, 5i (KBS T, s), JPX-900f 7-GW (KBS T, s), X-Act tank
Driver
JPX EZ 3wd (14°), Fujikora 6 (s), Cobra F7 (10.5°), ProjextX HZRDUS Black 75
Ok he holed a monster 40+ft for birdie, but he left 3 genuine (<10ft) birdie chances out there. It was joyous to watch though and yeah, he comes across like a proper gent.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
I agree that Jim is one of the nice guys on the US tour - As well as not being a bomber, he also has an (how do I say this politely?) "unusual" swing (once described as resembling an octopus falling out of a tree) - But as long as you return the club face to a square position it doesn't matter what you do before that - There's talk of him getting into the US Ryder Cup team now - I'm all for that as he doesn't usually do that well in it (?)
Paul

Top Bottom