RJW

HCP
Local club/country
Felixstowe
Irons
MP57 (5-PW)
Driver
MP-600
I regularly play in windy conditions and find that, against the wind on tighter holes, my F60 4 wood with standard Exsar shaft tends to balloon. When swinging well, my 10.5 MP-60 with Prolaunch Red shaft works fine, but I would like a "safer" option. I have played with players who have used 3 irons brilliantly against the wind, but not confident about going down that route.

However I am extremely happy with my 23 degree CLK, with standard Exsar shaft, and often use it in pressure situations.

So I was wondering whether a 17 degree CLK, perhaps coupled with a shaft with lower flight, would be a reliable into the wind driving club.

Any experiences on the Forum of this approach?

Thanks

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
I have a CLK 17 degree with the standard HS2 stiff shaft and it is brilliant! I use it into the wind all the time, from the tee, from the fairway, from the rough!

It's a great club that can be used in an enormous range of circumstances - get one, you wont regret it.

RJW

HCP
Local club/country
Felixstowe
Irons
MP57 (5-PW)
Driver
MP-600
Thanks.

I've now ordered a 17 degree CLK with regular HS2 shaft. I note there seems to be limited availability of the CLK at the moment, I guess a new model is pending. But I like the understated good looks -compared with the new MX offering. Will report back on how it goes.

Top Bottom