sumo-san

HCP
Local club/country
Northern Ireland
Irons
Mizuno MP 64 3-PW XP X100
Driver
Titleist 915 d2 Aldila Rogue Black 70x
Thank you. Do the performance centres carry soft stepped shafts for fittings?? I don't think my local golf shop has soft stepped shafts in the dna cart.

HCP
Local club/country
Bathurst NSW
Irons
JPX pro
Driver
M1 Kurocage
Here are mine.   

91 MPH , tempo 6 , toe down 5, kick angle 4 , release 5.

Im concerned about the shaft recommendations i got.
Dynamic gold x100 ss
Project x 6.0
KBS tour x SS...
I hope they aren't to stiff for me. I hit the PX best but have been warned the short Irons get progressively stiffer with PX shafts.
Any thoughts??

Attachments

HCP
Local club/country
USA
Irons
JPX 800 Pro
Driver
MX500/910D3
A quick question about my optimizer numbers and shaft recommendations please.

I posted 75-4,2,2,5

The shafts recommended were...

XP 115 R
CTL R
KBS Tour R

They didn't have a XP115 in R so I tried the stiff and hit is surprisingly well for a 75MPH SS
The KBS Tour R  felt stiffer than the 115S
The CTL felt a lot like a PX which I never got along with, I guess because of my middle of the road release?
For the heck of it I tried a PX 5.0 and that shaft felt better than the other 3. I hit it furthest with the best dispersion. I felt the shaft load and kick at impact. I know this is supposed to be a lower launching shaft, but I was right around 29-30 yard peak height range, same as the CTL but several yards further and a friendlier feel.

I guess my question is why wouldn't the optimizer suggest the PX as opposed to the CTL? If my release was a 4 instead of a 5 would that have been the case? I really want to like the CTL but of course I will choose what's best for my game. Who knows I may try all 3 again and get completely different results.

Anyway, the snow has melted here and I am going to try again at an outdoor range to compare numbers and flights. I know it's really just a starting point, and if the flight of the PX  is indeed the best option outdoors, I will just go with them. Just curious if I'm on the edge of the PX recommendation by a point. Thanks for reading.

MPH

HCP
Local club/country
VaGo, Finland
Irons
Cobra Fly-Z+ Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour R+ shafts
Driver
Ping G30 LSTec10.5, Ping Tour 65 stiff shaft
Hi all, a new-joiner here pondering new Mizuno irons & DNA numbers...

I have my numbers from quick demo day fitting a year back (81 mph, 5 4 4 5) and remember that 1st recommendation / my preference was Nippon NS Pro 950 in stiff. I'd like to have a look on other DNA shaft recommendations so big thanks in advance if someone could enter my numbers to the system and dig out the results.

Thinking about getting new set of irons with slightly lighter shafts (now playing Cobra irons w/ KBS Tour R+), thinking about 850 Forged - MP-H5 - MP-25 or some combo set of these. Surely, I'd do the DNA fitting again before ordering the new set.

Steveoh

HCP
Local club/country
centurion
Irons
3-PW MX300
Driver
Ping G30 LS
Hi, first post on the Forum. I have a fitting tmrw at Woburn and have tried the DNA device at American Golf. It provided a eating of 85 3 3 3 3 - any idea what this will mean in respect of shafts? Last time I was fit (2009) for my MX300's they didn't have the DNA device. 
Thanks

Steveoh

HCP
Local club/country
centurion
Irons
3-PW MX300
Driver
Ping G30 LS
Hi, first post and is what to expect at my fitting tmrw at Woburn. I have tried the DNA tester at a retailer and the stats were 85 3 3 3 3 - just interested in what this may mean for shafts. The last time I was fitted for my MX 300's they didn't have this. Looking forward to the fitting and I will up date tmrw.thanks 

mizunoKR

Local club/country
KR
Irons
MP15
Driver
NIKE
My number is

91.2 MPH , 4 , 4, 6 .8

What is the best shaft for me? Can you recommend the shaft for me?

I am 36 years old, and 5 ft 10 in tall, 182 lbs.

mizunoKR

Local club/country
KR
Irons
MP15
Driver
NIKE
Hi, can you let me know the best shaft to my swing dna?

My number is 90-4-4-6-8.
My handicap is 18 and I am 36 years old, 5ft 10inches height, 186 lbs weight.

Thank you.!!

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Didn't really buy into the whole "DNA" thing originally as I thought it was another marketing gimmick.

Have made swing changes again this season so thought I'd recheck my DNA figures.

Originally (2011) I was 76, 2,2,1,3 (ish)

3 years later I was 73, 3,2,2,4 (ish)

All figures can be checked on the forum but are only approximations!

Went to AG Telford on Sunday last week and had my DNA redone, figures were: 83, 2, 2, 3, 4.

Apart from swing speed the other figures have remained quite constant, I'm now a believer!!!!

IvanDrago

HCP
Local club/country
United Kingdom
Irons
Mizuno mp55
Driver
Epic sz
Hi, thinking of retrofitting my mp55. Could someone remind me what my numbers recommend please...?

Thanks

YngveB

HCP
Local club/country
Fana GK/ Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP54 (TT XP105 S300, 4-P)
Driver
Cobra ZL (9.5* Stiff)
Hi.
Can someone please help me.
I tried the Mizuno shaft optimizer today at a local golfshop, but they didn't have the software.

My readings are 80 4 3 4 6. What would my shaft recommandations be?

Best regards
Yngve B

HCP
Local club/country
United Arab Emirates
Irons
Mizuno/MP-52/4-PW
Driver
Titleist/910D3/Ahina 72x
Hi all,

i dont suppose anyone is one is willing to let me know what the new 2017 system recommends for the below results?

93,5,4,5,4?

hoping to get a proper fitting in the next couple of weeks while I'm in the U.K, but curious if the recommendations have changed since my last fitting.

thanks,

gw

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
gwtraveller said:
Hi all,

i dont suppose anyone is one is willing to let me know what the new 2017 system recommends for the below results?

93,5,4,5,4?

hoping to get a proper fitting in the next couple of weeks while I'm in the U.K, but curious if the recommendations have changed since my last fitting.

thanks,

gw
 Hi. 
   your shaft recommendations  Top 3 are as follows :  Project  X 6.5, 125g

C-Taper  X       130g

KBS Tour X      130g.

Other alternatives are:      Dynamic Gold X,      130g

Project X LZ 6.5         125g

Dynamic Gold AMT X  121g

C - Taper-Lite X            115g

N.S. Pro Modus 105 X   112g.

Hope this helps: 

Stewart

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
YngveB said:
Hi.
Can someone please help me.
I tried the Mizuno shaft optimizer today at a local golfshop, but they didn't have the software.

My readings are 80 4 3 4 6. What would my shaft recommandations be?

Best regards
Yngve B
   Hi Yngve.

Heres what your numbers gives you, Top 3.   
                                                                             N.S. Pro Modus 105 S     106g.

C-Taper Lite R                  105g

KBS Tour 90 S                 102g

Here are some other alternatives:     
                                                                DG XP 105 S.             101g

Project X LZ 5.0           110g

N.S: Pro 950 S             100g

Cheers  Stewart

HCP
Local club/country
United Arab Emirates
Irons
Mizuno/MP-52/4-PW
Driver
Titleist/910D3/Ahina 72x
Stewart 57 said:
gwtraveller said:
Hi all,

93,5,4,5,4?

thanks,

gw
 Hi. 
   your shaft recommendations  Top 3 are as follows :  Project  X 6.5, 125g

C-Taper  X       130g

KBS Tour X      130g.

Other alternatives are:      Dynamic Gold X,      130g

Project X LZ 6.5         125g

Dynamic Gold AMT X  121g

C - Taper-Lite X            115g

N.S. Pro Modus 105 X   112g.

Hope this helps: 

Stewart

Thanks!

thats really interesting to see the differences. I wonder how they've adjusted their algorithm?

im sure before (about 3 years ago) they had dg x100 as top, followed by px 6.0 I thought, and then kbs tour x.
intereting to see dg x100 fall out of the top 3 anyway.

anyhow, I will try again when I can get to a fitting location and see how my stats have changed in those 3 years.

many thanks Stewart. I appreciate your help!

Bougie513

HCP
Local club/country
USA
Irons
MP-H5
Driver
Callaway Epic
Good day - could someone do me a favor and let me know what the tool suggests for 84 and 6 6 7 6?  I thought one of them was the XP 115 in Stiff but I was also trying to see which model of the Modus, if any, is in the list of suggestions.  Looking for a summer tune up for my MP-H5s...  Thanks in advance for any help!

Top Bottom