Damaged Custom fit not just once

HCP
Local club/country
Romford
Irons
Mizuno MP18 SC 4-7 MP18 8-PW
Driver
Ping G30
I ordered custom fit MP18's to replace my MP4's . Great custom fit at American Golf Romford . Less than a week later and the new irons arrive . On insepction the PW and 6 iron had dents on them . The other irons marked around the hosel .Not what you expect from MIzuno  - these are a thing of pure beauty . American Golf arranged another set to be made up . The next set arrive again they are damaged , process repeated and now a third set are ordered . I cannot believe the third set tuns up and again they are damaged . Finally after nearly 7 weeks I get the call to come and pick up my irons - they have been personally delivered by the Mizuno rep. 

I love Mizuno irons  , I have purchased 5 sets so far and just can't find move to another manufacturer . I have to say I am dissapointed that I didn't even get an apology or a token ball in the box .- Hey its one £1000 spend
I suggest improving your packing and maybe watch a UPS delivery guy throw the stuff around next time 

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
I’ve never had an issue like this, they normally come in the foam so the irons can’t get near each other. Do you have a vindictive postman? :shock:

HCP
Local club/country
Romford
Irons
Driver
Ping G30
They were delivered by UPS . I agree how they were damaged as the heads are in a foam mould . 

Attachments

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
Seriously frustrating on a new set! But they will look really cool with some bag clatter after few months unless of course you are using iron covers. I used to always have iron covers onmystuffthenwait for the inevitable stone chip then take the overs off. 

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Did you take any photos of the marking on the hosel ?  I've seen that on irons where the lie has been adjusted, but not directly from the Mizuno factory and I've had a few sets over the years.

Suspicious the the 'rep' hand delivered them, are you sure AG didn't give you a set off the shelf that they adjusted ?

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
MIZUNO JPX921HM irons 5-PW
Driver
ST-X 230 12.0 deg N.S.Pro 950 GH Neo R flex shaft
DCB said:
Did you take any photos of the marking on the hosel ?  I've seen that on irons where the lie has been adjusted, but not directly from the Mizuno factory and I've had a few sets over the years.

Suspicious the the 'rep' hand delivered them, are you sure AG didn't give you a set off the shelf that they adjusted ?
I agree with David on this something not adding up here...!

Maybe MPX could do a bit of investigation,

i'm sure we would all be interested in his findings ;) 

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Hi Plugster 

You might be the world's unluckiest golfer for this to happen three times - as it's the only recent case i can find of this happening anywhere.  Was the 4th set we hand delivered in good order?

It's a mystery as both initial follow up sets were personally packed by our factory manager and pics (of unmarked heads) were taken prior to them being put into the packaging.

Suspect this one will remain unsolved.  If you have the 4th set we made and they are in good order - can only apologise and hope you'll enjoy the irons for a long time.

HCP
Local club/country
Romford
Irons
Driver
Ping G30
The picture above is of the PW  . The 6 iron had a simlilar dent on it . The hosel's of the 4,5 and 7 has small dents in them 
American Golf on the second and third set checked them over with me watching under the secutity cameras . My irons have the laser stamps on them so I know they are custom fit . Im a good customer of theirs - purchasing mine and my sons Mizunos  over the last 8 years with them 

I can't upload the other pictures as there is an error with the site. I will try and add them later 

HCP
Local club/country
Romford
Irons
Driver
Ping G30
The damage on the hosel was in the same place on the other irons 

Attachments

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
How did your fitting go Plugster, what were your recommended specs and what did you end up with ?

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
JPX 900
Double Post ..... 

OhBoy!

HCP
Local club/country
Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons
MP 53 5-PW Phoenix. Titleist SM6 50/54/58 deg.; Ray Cook SR 500
Driver
JPX 900 driver & 3 wood; CLK 19 & 22 deg.
Possible duplicate.

Did the club heads still have the shrink wrap on them when delivered? If not, that would raise suspicions that AG may have messed with them at some stage.

I really can’t see how a courier can scratch / damage the heads when they are packed in (a) strengthened cardboard (b) a cradle within the cardboard to hold them still / apart from each other and (c) bubble wrap.

Top Bottom