HCP
Local club/country
No fixed abode/SE London
Irons
MX-950
Driver
Ping G5
Morning all,

I'm currently playing with a set of standard lie and loft MX950's with a R steel shaft and after some comments from a range Pro at the Grove recently suggested I could benefit from a Custom Fit session.

So whilst I am average height and think I have an average swing speed I think the time might be right to make sure I've got the right clubs/shaft etc as I'm a terriable serial club buyer.

This season I've tried MP57's (R300) on a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee and then MP52's (Project X 5.5) from Ebay and both have since been sent back or sold as I thought they weren't quite right for me. (Despite playing well with both??)

1. I'm curious how accurate the custom fitting is if your swing is lets say still in development? I'm a 19 handicap and generally happy with my ball striking (apart from the odd howler) and would love to be lower but just can't play enough due to family committments.

2. Not only can I be assessed at Mizuno for the correct set up and shaft combo but will Mizuno also make the changes to my exisitng clubs if required?

3. Is there a charge for either the original fitting and then any subsequent alteration?

4. And sorry I'm sure this must have been asked before but how long does the first session take?

Thanks a lot.

Chris

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-29 / Mizuno MX-300 / MP T-10 Black Satin 64-07
Driver
Mizuno MP-600 / Putter / Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 & BC7
Smokey said:
1. I'm curious how accurate the custom fitting is if your swing is lets say still in development? I'm a 19 handicap and generally happy with my ball striking (apart from the odd howler) and would love to be lower but just can't play enough due to family committments.
I have played golf for over 30 years and my swing is still in development.. Nothing replaces practice and golf lessons.

Smokey said:
2. Not only can I be assessed at Mizuno for the correct set up and shaft combo but will Mizuno also make the changes to my exisitng clubs if required?
I have had my clubs sent back to the factory for adjustments - it's not free - but can be cheaper then getting a new set. depending on what you need done.

Smokey said:
3. Is there a charge for either the original fitting and then any subsequent alteration?
It depends on if you make a purchase or not (at least from my experience)

Smokey said:
4. And sorry I'm sure this must have been asked before but how long does the first session take?
It would depend on your swing. My session took 45 minutes for a full top to bottom analysis. My session was free (well if you don't count the purchase of clubs that I made) otherwise I would need to pay the Pro for their time.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
I would ALWAYS advocate getting custom fitted for clubs - however, it's true to say that at our level the benefits are more limited.

At pro level, they are swinging the clubs within a very tight tolerance even on bad days, however us mere mortals can be on fire one day and ready for quitting the next day!

So how accurate is club fitting if you get fitted on the day when you can't hit a barn door from 50 yards???

That being said, however, getting fitted should still be of some benefit if the clubs are the correct length, lofts and lie for you!

Top Bottom