Custom fitting UK - Essex

Jens0n

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
JPX 921 Forged
Hi all,
time to replace my 64's and I'd like to get along to a custom fit day run by Mizuno. (I got the 64's fitted at Burr Hill and understand it's not there anymore)
Living in the south-east, Nr Southend, can anyone signpost me to such facility?
Thanks in advance
J.

Jonny M

HCP
Local club/country
Essex
Irons
MP18-SC 4-PW; MMC FLI_HI 2 Iron; MP T7 50, 55, 60
Driver
Driver: Titleist 915 D3; 3W: TM M3
Hi jens0n,

I'm am Essex man too, but at the opposite end of the County. I recently bit the bullet and went round to the Mizuno Performance Centre at Silvermere Golf (almost next door to Burhill) for a re-fit (I was left a bit confused and non-plussed by a fitting at a local Mizuno fitter). It's a long drive for you, but the facility is absolutely top-notch and the fitter I went to (Jamie Northcote) was superb.

They're a Performance Centre/National Fitting Centre for just about every brand on the market and you can be assured that they will have every shaft there is (unlike some smaller Mizuno fitters). They use proper balls (Z-Stars) and even have a club building facility on site if you need some other strange tweak! Unlike some places he didn't just go with the DNA recommendations, he looked carefully at the swing, ball contact and flight data and recommended a different shaft that was absolutely a revelation.

A worthwhile testament was that I was also after a driver, but he couldn't find a combination that worked as well as my own and so just said to stick with what I've got and not waste my money - absolutely no hard-sell.

Highly recommended - they also refunded the entire 2.5 hour fitting session fee against the purchase of the clubs I ordered (MP18, Fli-Hi 2 iron and a TM M3 3-wood). Clubs arrived at my house yesterday - just 6 working days after the fit. Happy man.

Jens0n

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
JPX 921 Forged
Hi jens0n,

I'm am Essex man too, but at the opposite end of the County. I recently bit the bullet and went round to the Mizuno Performance Centre at Silvermere Golf (almost next door to Burhill) for a re-fit (I was left a bit confused and non-plussed by a fitting at a local Mizuno fitter). It's a long drive for you, but the facility is absolutely top-notch and the fitter I went to (Jamie Northcote) was superb.

They're a Performance Centre/National Fitting Centre for just about every brand on the market and you can be assured that they will have every shaft there is (unlike some smaller Mizuno fitters). They use proper balls (Z-Stars) and even have a club building facility on site if you need some other strange tweak! Unlike some places he didn't just go with the DNA recommendations, he looked carefully at the swing, ball contact and flight data and recommended a different shaft that was absolutely a revelation.

A worthwhile testament was that I was also after a driver, but he couldn't find a combination that worked as well as my own and so just said to stick with what I've got and not waste my money - absolutely no hard-sell.

Highly recommended - they also refunded the entire 2.5 hour fitting session fee against the purchase of the clubs I ordered (MP18, Fli-Hi 2 iron and a TM M3 3-wood). Clubs arrived at my house yesterday - just 6 working days after the fit. Happy man.
Thanks Jonny,
I'm familiar with Silvermere, some years back I used to get my exotic driver shafts from the clubmakers shop there, after my post I noted that Mizuno list them as a national fitting center.

@ PaulBoy, recognise that there's many a very good/excellent club pro that have fitting capability, it's just that I've been fitted twice in last 12 years for my at a Mizzy performance centre and enjoy the experience + knowledge gained by the throughput of number of golfers they see leans me towards wanting to go that route.

Thanks both for your replies.
Happy Golfing
J

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 & 4 | JPX 919 Tour 5-PW | S18 49/06 54/12 58/08 | KBS Tour X Stiff
Driver
TaylorMade M1 (2016) - Fujikura Pro 71 XLR8 Tour X

DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
JPX Tour 919 (5-PW) 50, 54 and 60 degree Vokeys
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
RM4 1ST any good? I’ve used Jason McNiven (MacNiven) at his studio in Basingstoke before but saw recently he also works out of Abridge golf club/centre too. I know a couple of guys who travel from South Wales to use him. Golf Principles. Good luck whatever you decide.

Top Bottom