MI103027

HCP
Local club/country
Liberton GC
Irons
Taylor made RAC lt
Driver
Talor Made R7 Limited
I have just made the decision to change from Taylor made to Mizuno Irons and after a few options decided on the MX200. My retailer fitted me for my new irons and I require ones which are 2 degrees flat. Imagine my dissapointment when he called me today to say that there would be a delay until the middle of September before these heads would be available. I am amazed that a company like Mizuno would not have these as stock items. I was very happy with my decsion and will wait for my new irons however I am very dissapointed in the delay and feel that it wiould put others off custom fitting.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Re: Custom Fitting Stock

Why not just buy an off the shelf set from a retailer who has them in stock and get them bent 2 degrees flat?

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Re: Custom Fitting Stock

Unfortunately your retailer is 100% correct. We have just issued a notice to all our retailers informing them that the MX-200 with steel shaft is now out of stock (both heads and assembled stock). Our next shipment is due mid September and we are doing everything possible to bring that date forward.

The MX-200 has sold through a lot more quickly than anyone at Mizuno could have expected - especially this year. Being a Grain Flow Forged model produced at just one location in Hiroshima Japan, there is a finite limit of these that can be produced - so we cannot just increase production to satisfy orders. The factory is already at full capacity producing heads for orders within the pipeline.

The same is true worldwide of this model, so our best response is to try and quicken the delivery of the stock that is already bound for Europe.

We apologise for the frustration - obviously not to our advantage either. We will update on this forum should the situation change.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Mizuno do this a bit too often for my liking!

They under-estimate demand constantly! They did it with the MX500 driver when it was launched, they did it with the Bettinardi putters when they first came out (albeit a fire at the factory didn't help), and they did it with the MP600 when it came out.

Surely someone at Mizuno must realise that Mizuno products are ALWAYS going to be in demand because of their superlative quality - so get ready for it before launching a new product!!

gambler

HCP
Local club/country
Chester
Irons
Mx 200 (4-px) MP R wedges 52,56,60
Driver
Cobra LV5 9.5 deg - voodoo shaft
Think yourself lucky with them arriving that quick - ordered mine 2 weeks ago and have just been told that they will be 10 weeks. Had my olf clubs nicked so no golf for me (have got my old old set but they are horrible). Please Mizuno get my irons here quicker

Top Bottom