Custom fitting questions about Mizuno's

Local club/country
None
Irons
Mizuno JPX EZ Forged
Driver
Calloway Razr
I am looking to purchase a set of 2016 JPX EZ Forged Irons (4-GW) and I have a few questions.  First off I went and got fitted at a Edwin Watts golf store and they fitted me at 1.5 inch longer than the standards, a 3 degree upright, and midsized grips.  They want me to purchase the clubs custom built from Mizuno but they are going to run me a little more than expected to pay ($1000-$1,100) So I got to looking and found that I could purchase the clubs with a stiff flex shaft already, club extensions, & grips for all under $500.  What is the diffrence or the give/take away of club extensions v.s getting shafts cut at the correct length?  Also what size diameter shaft or extensions do I need to purchase to fit the JPX EZ Forged heads?  Also I know most golf shafts have a tampered head, what size tampered head should I purchase or look for?  I tried looking online for the standard shaft diameters and size of adapter I need to purchase but can't seem to find any answers.  Please help.

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
Depending on how much longer the shafts are then sometimes the head weights will be different. I'm not 100% site of that would be the case at 1.5" extra though.

As for the other questions, 0.355 Taper is the tip size and I think the butt size is 0.600

The only downside to having a Frankenset is that you will have to be very careful when assembling to ensure swingweights are consistent. Also, they wouldn't be covered under the manufacturers (Mizuno) warranty.

Top Bottom