Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship

BloodSweatNPars

Local club/country
Irons
MP 69 4 - PW ~ KBS Tour C Taper 120S
Driver
MP650 9.5
Played this week at Fox Chapel Golf Club in Pittsburg, PA.

I add this tourney, out of respect if for nothing else, because I would live to see Joe Daley win.

http://mobile.pgatour.com/s/showPage.do?siteId=65251&pageId=6425562

Daley, a journeyman for the most part, is one back of Fred Couples; the proverbial David vs. Golliath. Joe is also a former US Marine. It would be nice to see a serviceman win a truck load of money on the eve of Independence week.

His unfortunate 15 minutes of fame came in the 2000 PGA Tour Q-School tournamen when he rolled in a five-foot putt during the fourth round, only to have the ball pop out of the off-center cup and back onto the putting surface. He missed his PGA Tour card by a single stroke.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
It's Armed Forces day over here too today, but hardly a mention in the media. I think the US does a much better job of respecting the work and sacrifices of it's servicemen.
It seems, generally, the British public is a little embarrassed about it's foreign policies, but there's obviously no doubting the dedication and professionalism of those involved in the Forces. (sorry for getting a bit off topic)

BloodSweatNPars

Local club/country
Irons
Driver
MP650 9.5
BigPete said:
It's Armed Forces day over here too today, but hardly a mention in the media. I think the US does a much better job of respecting the work and sacrifices of it's servicemen.
It seems, generally, the British public is a little embarrassed about it's foreign policies, but there's obviously no doubting the dedication and professionalism of those involved in the Forces. (sorry for getting a bit off topic)
Thanks for this post! Not off topic at all IMO.

BloodSweatNPars

Local club/country
Irons
Driver
MP650 9.5
Congratulations to Joe Daley. First time winner, and a major to boot.

Winning in style, joe birdies the par 5 18th.

Top Bottom