Change from Taylor made rac to mp 57. Is it a good choice?

HCP
Local club/country
Båstad GK
Irons
mp-57 4-pw
Driver
Cleavland
Hello!
My current golf set is made upp by TM rac which are kind of like a mix between mp 62 an mp-67. I´m looking for more forgiving golf clubs and have set my eyes on the mp-57´s. I hit the ball high and with a bit of spinn. The problem i see with my previus golfclubs is that I have to work realy hard for every shot. My HCP is 9,1

ajb72

HCP
Local club/country
The Leicestershire
Irons
MP57 - Nippon 950 shafts 0.5" longer, 2 degrees upright. Titleist Vokey wedges 52, 56 and 60 degree. Yes Diana Putter
Driver
MX700 10.5 degree NVS reg shaft
Hi Simon

It's hard to comment on whether any club is suitable for someone else, but if it helps I switched to MP57's about 9 months ago, and have loved every minute with them.

I think they are a really forgiving club, and my handicap has fallen from 15 to 12 since using them. I have tried MP52's and MX200's, but hated the feel by comparison and didn't feel as though they offered any real added forgiveness.

The only comment I would make is that the choice of shaft is absolutely critical. I made the mistake of going with the 'default' setting of Dynamic Gold shafts in my old MP60's and had a very low ball flight and less control. A proper fitting session and a switch to Nippon 950's transformed the clubs, so it is worth spending extra time to get it right first time.

Good luck if you decide to go for it, I don't think you would regret it!

Top Bottom