unbeatenthisyear

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP-64
Driver
JPX Proto
If you were going to buy a set of MP-62s today would you go for Black Nickel or Chrome?

Also, if you could have any set of Mizuno irons (past or present) in Black Nickel what would you choose?

UTY

Lord of the Divots

HCP
Local club/country
Kedleston Park GC, England
Irons
Mizuno MX 200, nippon ns pro 1150GH tour reg., 1* up, std. length
Driver
Titleist 909 D2 10.5, Diamana BB reg.
I would go for Black nickel because it reduces glare better as well as making the head seem smaller. This helps when in tight lies I feel.

danapu2000

Local club/country
Campanino Golf Club / Italy
Irons
Mizuno MX25 5-PW Exsar IS2 Regular
Driver
Titleist 910D2 Aldila RIP60a regular
for sure Chrome

i have mizuno mx25 crome from last december and are perfect
i bought in the same time 2 wedge titleist oil can but already the finish is gone

Bye,
Daniele

unbeatenthisyear

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP-64
Driver
JPX Proto
Hi D2000

I believe the Oil Can finish Vokey uses is a raw finish so will come off and the heads will eventually rust. The Black Nickel finish is a plating but, whilst it will wear a little quicker than a traditional chrome finish because it is softer, it will not wear off like a raw finish and will only rust if penetrated.

Best regards, UTY

ajb72

HCP
Local club/country
The Leicestershire
Irons
MP57 - Nippon 950 shafts 0.5" longer, 2 degrees upright. Titleist Vokey wedges 52, 56 and 60 degree. Yes Diana Putter
Driver
MX700 10.5 degree NVS reg shaft
I guess it would depend then on how long you keep your irons for - the chrome finish will last a lifetime of golf, the black nickel will start to wear over time!

I have had my MP57's for over a year and a few dings aside - the finish is as good as the day I bought them.

Top Bottom