Anyone ever get a club from the factory with a ribbed grip?

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-29 / Mizuno MX-300 / MP T-10 Black Satin 64-07
Driver
Mizuno MP-600 / Putter / Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 & BC7
Anyone ever get a club from the factory with a ribbed grip that was put on wrong..

My new custom made SW was so closed, I had to laugh..

The last time this happened to me was with a Ping Putter - with a Leather grip that PING screwed up.. Not only that, PING put on a Titleist Wrap and sent it to me.. I had called the factory and it appears that PING recieved the wrong shipment of leather wraps and the club builder that installed it - never said anything to anyone. So much for quality control anymore..

Kurobuta

HCP
??
Local club/country
Japan
Irons
MP-68 Black Oxide (4-PW) Rifle shafts; T10 Wedges (52* + 58*)
Driver
Mizuno MP-Craft S1 10.5*;Tour AD DI 44.5 inches
i've heard of it happening before. .but luckily, all of mine have been perfectly straight..

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Yep!! Got my two wedges re-gripped at the local pro-shop and both came back very closed. So bad, I took them back and got him to re-do them!

mjtoal

HCP
Local club/country
Bearwood Lakes, Berkshire
Irons
Mizuno MP4, C-taper S
Driver
Tirtleist 913D3, Oban Devotion
Oh yeah, including my MP62s about 2 weeks ago.

Biggest one was when I briefly flirted with Callaway. Ordered a set of X Tours which normally came with round grips and logos down. So did the set I ordered with ribbed grips except the logo was still down which meant the rib was up, a neat 180 degrees off.

I now routinely tell any pro doing a regrip that if they are having problems getting the rib square that they should err on the side of open.

Top Bottom