Alfred Dunhill Links Championship

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Always enjoy watching this one as it is a little bit different from the normal events. The players have had three good days to play each of the courses and the cut looks like coming at -5. Some stunning golf being played in the benign conditions. Great to see a young Scot playing well in only his second Pro event. 12th place last week Connor Syme looks as if he will make the cut and hopefully another good finish at St Andrews tomorrow.

Luke Donald has played some great golf, a stunning run of birdies on Friday being undone by dropped shots on 17th & 18th at Carnoustie. Luke has had a great round on Saturday getting to 10 under with a -6 round Kingsbarns. It will take a lot to beat Tyrella Hatton though as he seems to be in a rich vein of form at the moment.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Some stunning golf over the weekend. Seems there were a fair few Mizuno clubs being used out there as well. Ross Fisher seems to have found something that works, setting a new course record for the Old Course of 61.
Luke Donald had a good finish for a change. All in all, a great event to watch. Well done Tyrell Hatton for defending his title. he played some seriously good golf and had a smile on his face even when he had a few problems.

Just noticed Luke Donald is going over to play in the Italian Open this week. Should be a few Mizuno bags out there this week as well

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
I've always liked Fisher, just wish he'd put 4 rounds together more often as he should have won way more than he has.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
I agree totally with you here DCB - Great event to watch & scoring on the last day was amazing thanks mainly to barely a breeze at the Old Course - Two players (Dubuisson & Fisher) had decent chances to set scores of 59 & as you said, Hatton played really well to defend his title (the first person ever to do so I believe?) - Clearly what Tyrell needs is to make Jamie Dornan his caddy, as having him there for all four rounds seemed to calm his fiery temperament down? (probably due to all the "Fifty Shades" fans following Jamie around? - You wouldn't want to be f 'ing & blinding in front of all those nice young ladies!)
Paul

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
JPX 900
hursty said:
I've always liked Fisher, just wish he'd put 4 rounds together more often as he should have won way more than he has.
I totally agree with you there. saw him 10 years ago when he was still making a name for himself and thought he could have gone on to really great things. Lost his way a bit and suffered as a consequence. Still a name I look for on the leader boards at any event. If he can stop that one bad round then his chances are so much higher.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood

DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
JPX Tour 919 (5-PW) 50, 54 and 60 degree Vokeys
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
MPX said:
Some decent club pics from the Dunhill.  5 of the top 7 with our irons - only Luke contracted.  Nike have left a very nice opening for us to work.

http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/blog/mizun ... ill-links/
Just curious, what's the reason that in the article you aren't able to state the names of the non-contracted players that were using Mizuno irons?  Thanks.

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
DMT said:
MPX said:
Some decent club pics from the Dunhill.  5 of the top 7 with our irons - only Luke contracted.  Nike have left a very nice opening for us to work.

http://golf.mizunoeurope.com/blog/mizun ... ill-links/
Just curious, what's the reason that in the article you aren't able to state the names of the non-contracted players that were using Mizuno irons?  Thanks.
Could be that Mizuno may be hoping to sign them and dont want to seem like they are forcing the issue?

Top Bottom