919 Fitting @ Bearwood Lakes

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 & 4 | JPX 919 Tour 5-PW | S18 49/06 54/12 58/08 | KBS Tour X Stiff
Driver
TaylorMade M1 (2016) - Fujikura Pro 71 XLR8 Tour X
I was down at Bearwood Lakes yesterday for a fitting of the new 919s. Given my handicap I was expecting the Forged would end up being the best bet, but that isn't how it turned out. I'm currently gaming 825 Pros with a hard stepped DG S300 +1 inch, std lie and loft.

My swing DNA was something like 89-7-3-3-5 and the options suggested were the Project x Lz 6.5, KBS Tour X and the Dynamic Gold X100.

Hitting the 3 options the KBS was producing by far the most consistent face strike, but the Forged 7 iron was producing crazy spin numbers, between 8-9k, meaning I was losing lots of distance. Interestingly the 919s have a slightly longer shaft than my old 825's, but we still went plus an inch as I can get a much better posture.

We switched in the Tour and immediately saw a 3 - 3.5k drop in spin (around 5.5k average for the 7 iron) and no significant change in the quality of hit or the dispersion, which was exactly what I needed. They are a bit less forgiving for off centre, but the spin reduction means that the sideways dispersion was less as well. To give me a bit of a chance we went for the MMC Fli Hi for 3 & 4 , as the skinny 919 tour might have been a bit too much for me at that end.

I ended up with:
JPX 919 Tour 5-PW
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 & 4 iron
KBS Tour X Stiff
+1” longer
+1 degree upright
GP MCC Plus 4 Blue (+1 layer of tape)

I also plumped for some new S-18 wedges, in 49/06 54/12 58/08.

There is a slim chance they'll be delivered before this weekend's Southern event, sow e can only hope!

p.s. Jon @ Bearwood was great, thoroughly recommend, especially as their range is now full size, and those Mizuno Caddy bags are awesome, please bring them to market MPX.

MizunoMade

Local club/country
Sweden
Irons
Mizuno MP-5 KBS Tour 130x
Driver
Taylormade M2 2017 Project X LZ 6.0
I too had a fitting this weekend but in Sweden. The tours are impressive and produced great numbers, I also expected to be recommended the forged but I was spanking it with the tours and PX lz 6.5

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
I was down at Bearwood Lakes yesterday for a fitting of the new 919s. Given my handicap I was expecting the Forged would end up being the best bet, but that isn't how it turned out. I'm currently gaming 825 Pros with a hard stepped DG S300 +1 inch, std lie and loft.

My swing DNA was something like 89-7-3-3-5 and the options suggested were the Project x Lz 6.5, KBS Tour X and the Dynamic Gold X100.

Hitting the 3 options the KBS was producing by far the most consistent face strike, but the Forged 7 iron was producing crazy spin numbers, between 8-9k, meaning I was losing lots of distance. Interestingly the 919s have a slightly longer shaft than my old 825's, but we still went plus an inch as I can get a much better posture.

We switched in the Tour and immediately saw a 3 - 3.5k drop in spin (around 5.5k average for the 7 iron) and no significant change in the quality of hit or the dispersion, which was exactly what I needed. They are a bit less forgiving for off centre, but the spin reduction means that the sideways dispersion was less as well. To give me a bit of a chance we went for the MMC Fli Hi for 3 & 4 , as the skinny 919 tour might have been a bit too much for me at that end.

I ended up with:
JPX 919 Tour 5-PW
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 & 4 iron
KBS Tour X Stiff
+1” longer
+1 degree upright
GP MCC Plus 4 Blue (+1 layer of tape)

I also plumped for some new S-18 wedges, in 49/06 54/12 58/08.

There is a slim chance they'll be delivered before this weekend's Southern event, sow e can only hope!

p.s. Jon @ Bearwood was great, thoroughly recommend, especially as their range is now full size, and those Mizuno Caddy bags are awesome, please bring them to market MPX.
Nice work Chris! - Hope you have them for the weekend too, but might be pushing it a bit? - Maybe you should have dropped MPX's name a few times?
See you Saturday
Paul

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, 3 JPX 900 Rescue, MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900 10.5 degree
Very nice Chris, be patient and if you’re a good boy they may just very well be there for Saturday.

See you all Saturday

Tony

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 & 4 | JPX 919 Tour 5-PW | S18 49/06 54/12 58/08 | KBS Tour X Stiff
Driver
TaylorMade M1 (2016) - Fujikura Pro 71 XLR8 Tour X
I've just been told my new bats have arrived at Bearwood, pretty stellar turn around time from Mizuno!

Hopefully they can can carry me to victory at the Southern Champs!

Top Bottom