2011 European Tour Blog

mizunotitleistfan

HCP
Local club/country
TheWonderfulWorldOfGolf
Irons
Mizuno T Zoid Pro's 3-PW and Mizuno MP-T11 56* wedge.
Driver
Titleist 905R 10.5* driver- shaft irrelevant
Re: 2011 Tour Blog

BigPete said:
I just noticed - there's no acronym on the clubs.

No U.D.S. or F.T. or Hot Metal or Cortech or any other tech names written on the clubs. Just nice clean lines. Lovely.
thats a relief for us old school players, cant stand playing a "Super fast volcanic eruption explosive megasaur" driver

itching to try them out, hope I'm not dissapointed as I can see all my woods becoming Mizuno :)

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff

Although, if I was to propose an acronym, it would have to be:

T.D.B.

Your guesses below please?

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver

ChrisP said:
Profanity filter on the third letter maybe... :)
You named that tune in 1!

I'm assuming you are reffering to a canine anatomical expression?

mizunotitleistfan

HCP
Local club/country
TheWonderfulWorldOfGolf
Irons
Driver

Balearics !

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900

Danglies !

T D D ;-)

Molliedooker

HCP
Local club/country
Aust.
Irons
mp T series wedges. 4/pw 588i. / mp60 4/pw
Driver
JPX EZ S

The best driver I ever used was the Orlimar hip ti 420 . The Mizzie looks Very similar including profile.
Dare I ask LH in future?

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas

I think one of the staff said the line after this one might be in left hand (presumably the next jpx line)

Wedgenut

HCP
Scr
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP-63BNI 4-PW Monaco X T-11BNI 50/54/58 Spinner W
Driver
MP-630 10.5 Project X 6B7 JPX800 15 RIP Beta 70S

Pelle's back! Got the 18th card at the challenge tour grand final.
Nice article courtesy of the European Tour site.

"Edberg, meanwhile, had a good spell of form late in the season to thank as his outright fifth place finish meant he just squeezed into the reckoning for a European Tour card, in 18th place in the Rankings.

The Swede finished tied third at the M2M Russian Challenge Cup in September before just missing out on the Roma Golf Open with a play-off defeat to Sam Little.

“I knew I had to finish in the top five so I’m really pleased. I was going to play The European Tour mostly this year, but I played badly and then I decided to come out here instead. I made all the cuts pretty much, and finished third in Russia.

“Then I thought, ‘OK I'm back into it now’ and then I lost to Sam Little in a play-off in Rome, and then I just had to come here and pull it off – and I did.

“I think with the number of events I played this year, to finish in the top 20 is pretty good even though I missed all the co-sanctioned events, so I’m really happy.”

Pelle put a new combo set of 59/69's in the bag last week, good to see they did the trick! He's also testing the new 650 fairway and driver.

http://www.europeantour.com/challengetour/season=2011/tournamentid=2011774/news/newsid=149096.html#trio+claim+european+tour+cards+dream+finale

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas

Yay \0/ finally someone wearing some interesting headwear!! Is he still rocking the flat cap?

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver

Pele had posted a couple of times on here - get him back!! We like hearing from guys who can actually play this game!! ;-)

unbeatenthisyear

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP-64
Driver
JPX Proto

Hi all

It's been a while - apologies!

Anyway, a big week for both ends of the tour - Luke will be trying to fend off McIlroy to take the European Money list title at the Dubai World Championship, whilst at the other end of the list the players will be battling out to gain their playing privileges at the Tour School.

We wouldn’t get the workshop to Dubai (!) so we’re at the School which is being held again at the PGA Catalunya Resort in Girona in northern Spain.

There are 2 courses here – both fantastic – and remind me of St George’s Hill in Surrey (which isn’t totally surprised as it was designed by Neil Coles who was based at the Hills for many years).

158 players will be aiming for a top-30 finish to gain a main tour card for 2012. Outside of that and you’ll be plying your trade on the Challenge Tour. So there’s a huge amount of pressure to produce the results this week.

The first round of 6 rounds is on Saturday, with a cut to 70 players after 4 rounds.

UTY

Attachments

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver

It's interesting when you compare both ends of the spectrum...

We can all tend to think of the Proffessional Golfer's life as that we associate with Ernie Else, Luke Donald, Westwood, Poulter and the like, who hire private jets to get themselves around and who live a life of priviledge...

However, this is only true for the upper echelons of the game - it's easy to forget how tough it is at the other end of the scale for all those golfers who are struggling to either get onto or stay on the tour. Some of the stories I've heard (first hand) from guys who can juat about afford the petrol to get to an event and then sleeping overnight in their own car, eating sandwiches that they managed to make the day before they left, etc, etc...

Not as glamarous as we all think sometimes... So I salute all of those guys - all the best for the coming season!!

unbeatenthisyear

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP-64
Driver
JPX Proto

Some previous winners on tour here this week - David Dixon, Daniel Vancsik, Ariel Canete, Miles Tunnicliff, Carl Suneson, Jarmo Sandelin, Gary Orr, Mathias Gronberg, Gary Emerson, Anthony Kang, Maarten Lafeber, Mikael Linberg, Emanuele Canonica, Scott Drummond and Nick Dougherty.

Pretty strong field!

mizunotitleistfan

HCP
Local club/country
TheWonderfulWorldOfGolf
Irons
Driver

unbeatenthisyear said:
Some previous winners on tour here this week - David Dixon, Daniel Vancsik, Ariel Canete, Miles Tunnicliff, Carl Suneson, Jarmo Sandelin, Gary Orr, Mathias Gronberg, Gary Emerson, Anthony Kang, Maarten Lafeber, Mikael Linberg, Emanuele Canonica, Scott Drummond and Nick Dougherty.

Pretty strong field!
frightening that you can be good enough to win a tournament yet plummit down after it and have to qualify to gain the priveledge of trying to earn a living on the tour. Tough life, I salute you fellas

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
Titleist 913D2 9.5, 913FD Fairway, Fli-Hi 3,4 & 5,JPX 50,56,T-4 60/05,MPTA301Putter

I can't believe what's happened to Nick Dougherty. I don't think he's made a cut a year. I think his caddie has earned more than him this season. He has just married Di Stewart though!!!

unbeatenthisyear

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP-64
Driver
JPX Proto

Manic day today, lots of re-grips and loft and lie checks. Quite a few new wedges as well as a few MP-650 woods (which are like hotcakes!).

A lot of these guys haven't seen a workshop in a while so are making the most of it!

Luckily we're staying on site so only a 5 minute walk back to the hotel.

It gets light late and dark early so will have to wait until tomorrow for a few more pics.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver

unbeatenthisyear said:
Manic day today, lots of re-grips and loft and lie checks. Quite a few new wedges as well as a few MP-650 woods (which are like hotcakes!).

A lot of these guys haven't seen a workshop in a while so are making the most of it!

It gets light late and dark early so will have to wait until tomorrow for a few more pics.
UTY - Can you tell us anything about the picture that appeared on the forum of Graeme McDowell with a JPX Fairway Wood???

BTW - I'm not at all surprised to hear the 650's are going like hot cakes - they are stunning!

unbeatenthisyear

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
MP-64
Driver
JPX Proto

Deemac said:
unbeatenthisyear said:

UTY - Can you tell us anything about the picture that appeared on the forum of Graeme McDowell with a JPX Fairway Wood???

BTW - I'm not at all surprised to hear the 650's are going like hot cakes - they are stunning!
We made him a 3 wood at the Nedbank - that's all we can say!

Top Bottom